This course is for heating and plumbing installers who need to gain the knowledge of the Water Regulations (1999) before applying to join their local water authorities “Water Industry Approved Plumber Scheme”, one of the plumbing competent person schemes (CPS) or Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) registration bodies.
You will learn:
· Water regulations; interpretation and definitions
· Materials and substances
· Requirements, design and installation
· Backflow and contamination prevention
· Hot and cold water services
· Flushing devices
· Sanitary appliances, both internal and external
The course is fully recognised by WRAS as meeting their qualification requirements. A WRAS certificate and ID card will be issued by BPEC
Certification to successful candidates.
Pre-Requisite To Join
The course is suitable for those candidates
· who have two years plumbing experience or an NVQ/SNVQ Level 2, plus heat loss and hydraulic heating system design experience.